Face Masks, Just the Goods
Starting at $8.20
The Matcha, Lavender + Jasmine Face Mask is suitable for most skin types. It contains no essential oils, but does include a large quantity of recently ground lavender and jasmine petals, so it is fragrant and thus potentially not suitable for those allergic to botanical ingredients.
- Kaolin is a mild yet effective clay suitable for all skin types selected for its ability to absorb accumulated oil and dirt from pores without over-drying.
- Organic AOI matcha is prized as a high quality beverage — applied to skin, it promotes cellular regeneration and decreases sebum production making it beneficial to all skin types, particularly when weather is hot and humid.
- Lavender also stimulates cellular regeneration while offering mild antibacterial support that leaves skin feeling fresh and clean.
- Jasmine is softening, mildly exfoliating, and promotes radiance, which is useful for all skin types, but especially great any time skin feels dull or dry and needs a boost.
More about the Licorice Face Mask for Oily + Congested Skin: Did you know that the most common skin type in the world is oily? That’s right! So, in a sense, it should actually be the skin type known as “normal”, *lol* While it is the most common, it can also be the most frustrating to maintain because excess sebum production in skin can contribute to clogged pores, which in turn leads to blackheads, impacted sebaceous glands/sebaceous cysts, and acne. This mask is designed to help; weekly use is recommended.
- Licorice root powder contains licochalcone, which helps to regulate the skin’s oil production to calm over-active glands. It also contains glycyrrhizin, a helpful anti-inflammatory, and glabridin, which is believed to benefit the connective tissue of skin. High in antioxidants, liquorice can fight skin-damaging free radicals. Well blended with clay, the licorice scent is barely noticeable when dry, and only very faintly when wet. So, if you’re not a fan of licorice flavour, feel confident that this is not the same.
- Australian olive green clay, packed with a wide array of minerals, is the strongest of all clays used in facial care restoring balance to acne-prone and oily skin through the absorption of dirt and oil. Some say it is revitalizing enough to help reduce the appearance of scars.
- Kaolin is a mild yet effective clay suitable for all skin types selected for its ability to absorb accumulated oil and dirt from pores without over-drying and has been included to mediate the green clay.
Matcha Face Mask: kaolin clay, organic camellia sinensis (matcha) leaf, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) petals, jasminum officinale (jasmine) petals
Oily + Congested Skin: kaolin clay/argile de kaolin, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice/réglisse) root powder, australian olive green clay/argile vert olive australien
After washing face thoroughly, mix approximately ½ tbsp of face mask with a slightly warm or cool liquid of choice (i.e. water, aloe vera gel juice, rose water, green tea, etc.) to form a light paste; apply to face in upward strokes avoiding the eyes, nostrils and lips; let sit for 10 – 15 minutes or until mask is beginning to dry; rise well (rubbing in a circular motion to exfoliate if desired) and apply moisturizer as desired.
This preservative-free product lasts longer when exposure to the elements (i.e. air, humidity, sunlight) is kept to a minimum. Please store in a cool, dark place and keep tightly sealed between uses.