Durable, non-scratch, eco friendly, quick drying
These sponges feel and function like traditional sponges but are completely plant-based, plastic-free and compostable. The white part is spongy and absorbent, made of wood pulp while the yellow-brown part is scrubby and helps soap become sudsy, made of loofah.
Loofah has been used by different cultures for centuries before plastic was mass-produced. It replaces traditional plastic sponges in dishwashing and general household cleaning.
- dry completely between uses
- boil in water to kill bacteria
- avoid soaking in water
- place away from high heat or flames
End of Life:
- cut in small pieces, then place in the green bin to compost or directly compost in the backyard
- loofah can also be used like coconut fibre in the garden, excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating a potting mix, pest resistance, and use as bedding in worm bins